Sunday, July 17, 2016

Plein Air Santa Fe (2016) - Sedona and Grand Canyon



I know I have not posted in a long time, but I have been painting.  Here are paintings I did in June in New Mexico and then in Arizona.

First I was honored once again to paint in the Santa Fe Plein Air Festival.  This is alway a great event and I get to paint in some of my favaorite locations.

This was our little casita in Santa Fe, even with a St. Francis in front!!  Was a great location and walking distance to the plaza.

 Dodging Raindrops - 8x16 Pastel - Ghost Ranch Vista .

Ghost Ranch area - 12x16 plein air pastel.

New Mexico Clouds - 9x12 Plein Air Pastel.

Clouds over Santa Fe - 12x16 plein air pastel.

Distant Ghost Ranch Vista - 8x16 plein air pastel.

Monastary Road Vista - 12x16 plein air pastel.

Wetlands - 9x12 plein air pastel.


Good by Santa Fe
Santa Fe was so much fun, and I loved sharing the time with my good friend and painting buddie, Terry d Chacon.  Cheers to Santa Fe, NM.    

After the paint out was over in Santa Fe, our other painting buddie, Nita Harper joined us and we drove to Flagstaff to stay with Terry's good friend Elaine, who was a great hostes, and came with us to Sedona and the Grand Canyon.  


Sedona & Grand Canyon

Redrock Crossing - Terry, Nita and & with the beautiful red rocks in the distant.  

Redrock Crossing Vista - 11x14 plein air pastel.

Sedona Vista - 8x20 plein air pastel.

Snoopy relaxing - 8x16 plein air pastel.


Elaine, Nita, Terry and I at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.


Grand Canyon morning - 11x14 plein air pastel.


Thomas Moran Inspired - 8x20 plein air pastel.



Such a great time with good friends and great painting locations.  Until next time.


No comments: