Thursday, March 17, 2016

10th Borrego Springs Plein Air Invitational

On Febuary 28th to March 5 - 2016, I was honored to be one of the 15 artists to participate in the Borrego Springs Plein Air Invitational.  Because I had never been to Anza Borrego State Park, it was truly a new experience.  I was blessed with a wonderful host to stay with, and brand new landsape to experience painting.  The Borrego  Art Institute was the host for this great event, and I must say they do a wonderful job of hosting and displaying the art.  Each day we would bring in the paintings for that day, and they would hang them on our wall.  So in five days of painting, I completed 12 plein air painting that are currently on display at the Art Institute, until 3/31/16.  These are the paintings;


These are the 15 participating artists.
                            
Here I am at my wall during the last day reception/Gala.  I was very happy to have the two red dots show up during the eveing.
 
8x24 Plein Air Pastel 

Cactus 6x12 - Plein Air Pastel - SOLD 

12x16 Plein Air Pastel

11x14 Plein Air Pastel

Blooming Cactus - 12x9 Plein Air Pastel -SOLD
Indian Head - 9x12 Plein Air Pastel



Center Circle Vista - 8x19 Plein Air Pastel

Desert Morning Shadows - 8x26 - 8x25 Plein Air Pastel


Rams Hill Splendor - 12x9 Plein Air Pastel


Rocks and Palo Verde - 5x7 Plein Air Pastel




Rams Hill Early Morning colors  8x10 Plein Air Pastel




After the plein air event was over, my friend Terry d Chacon came to Borrego, and we painted for another day.  We went out and found this feild that was finally in bloom.  And notice the rainbow in the sky.  I did not include the rainbow in my painting, but the morning was beautiful  Shourtly after we finished this painting, the wind kicked up and we were glad we had painted fast.  

Desert Bloom - 8x16 plein air pastel

Borrego Springs Morning Vista - 6x12 Plein Air Pastel


It was truly a fun experience participainting in my first Plein Air Invitational.  If you are anywhere in the area, the paintings are still on view, at the Borrego Art Institute, in Borrego Springs, CA until March 31, 2016.





No comments: