Saturday, November 21, 2015

Women Artists of the West - 45th Annual National Exhibition - Tucson, AZ

What a wonderful time I had at the opening of this beautiful exhibition, at the Tucson Desert Art Museum.  The WAOW women really showed their talent, and the Museum was beautiful and welcoming.  I am proud to be a part of this wonderful organization of women from all over the country.  Over the weekend it was so much fun meeting old friends and making new ones.  My friend and artists, Barbara Parish drove there with me, and we enjoyed the time together.  


I was so surprised and honored when I walked into the gallery to find that my painting, Palms II had a beautiful award, "Best Pastel" , also to my right is my other painting juried into the show.  



"Sabino Morning" 9x12 plein air pastel.
During the weekend, there were a number of events planned.  One was to paint in the beautiful Sabino Canyon Recreational Area.  These are my two paintings I did the moring we went.  Such a beautiful place.  I do love to paint these cactus!!


"Sabino Guardians" 12x9 plein air Pastel.
My second painting of the morning, in Sabino Canyon.


One of the other events they had planned is to visit La Rienda Stables and ranch. They had a hurd of cattle, that they used for the cowboys to come and practice their ropeing.  Wow, so much fun to see this event.  I took loads of photos.  Who knows, maybe I'll start painting cowboys again!!  




I don't know if you can see this little cattle dog working.  He would run after the cattle, and send them into the pen on the other side of the corral.  He was great, I really loved seeing him at work.  Wish I had gotten better closeup photos, but had to share this!!  
  
Thank you cowboys and to La Rienda Stables for allowing us to take photos and enjoy the ranch.
 


No comments: