Sunday, July 13, 2014

Point Lobos and Monterey, CA.


July 3rd to the 7th I spent another 5 days painting in one of my most favorite coastal areas of the country, Carmel and Monterey area.  Painting these coastal scenes are so much fun.  I also enjoyed painting with my painting friends from the Albert Handell mentoring group, including Albert and Jeannine.  In addition there  was also an opening at the Mountainsong Gallery, in Carmel by the Sea, from our Mentoring paint out last May.  You can  see my painting on the Mountainsong Gallery site on Amazon.com.  

My first painting of this trip,  was in a beautiful spot, looking through this arch.  I loved the shine on the water  and the beautiful sunlight, it was just perfect.  "Point Lobos Arch" 12x16 plein air pastel.  

My view this morning... Point Lobos.

Painting by the coast in the summertime means changing conditions quickly, such as one minute the sun is shinning on your view, and the next time you look up, the fog rolls in, and away goes the view.  

Here comes the fog bank, can you see it rolling in?
The view is all gone, you just have to sit down and wait for it to roll back out or just make it up.  I do better when I wait to see what is out there.
"Bird Rock Afternoon Vista" 12x16 plein air Pastel.
Rolling, Rolling, Rolling..... 10x21 plein air pastel.

"Piney Cove Vista" 12x16 Plein Air Pastel.

"Mustang Sally's View" 12x16 Plein Air Pastel.

Point Lobos Vista, 7x18 Plein Air Pastel.
   
"Carmel Beach Vista"  12x16 Plein Air Pastel.

"Dunes of Carmel Beach" 12x16 Plein Air Pastel.

"Carmel Beach Afternoon" 12x16 lein Air Pastel.

Thanks for following by blog.  Next weekend I will be teaching  a two day Pastel Workshop for Mountain Arts Network, in Lake Arrowhead, CA.  I'm sure it will be loads of fun.  Until next time.

No comments: