Friday, September 5, 2014

Painting in Beautiful Abiquiu, NM - I know why Georgia O'Keeffe loved These Vistas so much!!

Last week I painted in one of my favorite places, Abiquiu and Ghost Ranch,  New Mexico.  The time of year could not have been better, as the monsoons have left the desert a-blaze with wildflowers and green grass.  The contrast between the greenery and the red rocks are fabulous.  I was painting with Albert Handell with his paint-a-long Mentor-ship group.  It was a fun and creative week with six other artist from Colorado and New Mexico.  These are most of the paintings from that week.

"Piedra Lumbre Splendor" 7x18 Plein Air Pastel.

"Piedra Lumbre Again" 12x16 Plein air Pastel.

"Clouds Over Ghost Ranch" 12x16 Plein Air Pastel.

"Rim Lighting" 12x16 Plein Air Pastel.

"Abiquiu Morning" 11x14 Plein Air Pastel.
"Abiquiu Morning Clouds"  6x18 Plein Air Pastel.

"Red Rocks and Chamisa"  11x14 Plein Air Pastel.

"Albert's Inspiration"  12x16 Plein Air Pastel.

"Cottonwood" 12x16 Plein Air Pastel.

"Shadows of The Shinning Rocks" 14x14 Plein air Pastel.

Thanks for following my blog, I'd love to hear from you, and let me know what you think of my work.  Enjoy, until next time.   








No comments: