Sunday, May 11, 2014

A few recent Accomplishments



Carmel By The Sea Paint out with Albert Handell and Mountainsong Gallery

"Afternoon in The Grove" 12x16 Plein Air Pastel
This painting will be on exhibit and on Amazon Art through Mountainsong Gallery, in Carmel by The Sea.  This painting was chosen by the gallery following a paint out that was hosted by Albert Handell and the gallery.  There were 18 painters participating, and each will have a painting in the exhibit sometime in July.  In addition to the exhibit in the Gallery, this painting will be available for sale on AmazonArt through Mountainsong Gallery.  


Here I am painting the above painting, in Point Lobos, in the Crypress Grove.  The Four day event was so much fun, with fun artists companionship and mentoring by the Master Pastelist, Albert Handell.  I will post more of the paintings done at this event and days following, in a later post. 

WAOWed in San Diego - May 2-31, 2014
"Piedra Lumbre Morning" 11x14 Plein Air Pastel
This painting was Juried into the exhibition in San Diego, with WAOW.  In addition to being in the great show with all the other wonderful women artists, I was honored by winning a Publishers Award, by Fine Art Connoisseur at the opening reception last weekend.

  
"Ghost Ranch Morning Vista"  7x18 Plein Air Pastel
This was the second painting juried into the WAOW exhibition in San Diego.  If you are in the area, there is still a couple weeks the show will be up, so do get by to see the show. 


Plein Air Painters of New Mexico, Annual Juried Members Exhibition
Gary Kim Gallery, Santa Fe, NM 
May 2 to 17, 2014
"Piedra Lumbre Shadows" 6x18Plein air Pastel
This painting was Juried into the PAPNM members show, and I was also honored with and award for this painting.  This painting won the Award of Excellence - Pastel.  A true honor to be selected for this award.  I must add that all three of these paintings were painted last year in the Ghost Ranch Region, when I was there for a few days to paint this beautiful landscape.  I will be returning to this area later this summer, to paint with Albert Handell with one of his mentoring paint a longs.  
For those of you who get my blog, thank you for following me on my artistic journey.  It is a true pleasure to share my artwork with you.  If anyone is interested in any of these or other of my paintings, please free to contact me by e-mail or by phone.  Thank you again, enjoy the art.

No comments: