Monday, January 30, 2012

A new year of painting, 2012

Painting at Red Rock State Park, one of my favorite places to go. On this day the large white bare trees were very facinating, so I chose to paint them in the vista on this morning.

Abbie, my painting companion, with her green sweater. Of course she has a blankie to sit on thanks to her auntie Lill.

"Morning at Red Rock Park" - 6x18 plein air pastel.

"Bell Rock vista" 6x6 plein air pastel.

"Sedona eveining II" 5x7 plein air pastel.

"Sedona evening III" 6x6 plein air pastel.

"Sedona morning III" 5x7 plein air pastel.

"Sedona morning II" 5x7 plein air pastel.

"Sedona morning II" 8x10 plein air pastel.

I have had a few chances to paint in this new year, but have not posted any of these paintings as of yet. I am looking forward to a great painting year in the months to come.

Last week I had a great time with my good friend Lilli, who took me for a great getaway to Sedona, to celebrate my birthday. Sedona has always been a wonderful place both of inspiration for painting and for personal growth. On this trip it was also fun, to take my dog Abbie, who had a great time traveling, and meeting new dogie friends at the Sedona dog park.

I did manage to get a few paintings done on this trip, in fact I did 7 paintings in the 4 days we were there. On the last day, the wind was blowing so hard, it was impossible to paint out of doors, so I painted from the hotel room which had a beautiful view from the balcony, of the red rocks.

No comments: